Visit the offices where Lincoln practiced law from 1843 to about 1852. During his 1847-1849 tenure as a United States Congressman, partner William H. Herndon (1818-1891) maintained the practice. In 1978 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a part of the Central Springfield Historic District. ***Closed for historic renovation. Plans are to reopen in late 2015 with a restored dry good store, Lincoln's law office and federal court exhibits.
Things To Do
AttractionsBack to Previous Page » Lincoln-Herndon Law Office
Lincoln-Herndon Law Office