History Comes Alive
Step into 19th century America when History Comes Alive this summer in Springfield. Visit our historic sites and interact with 19th century characters or enjoy period music. You might even meet Mr. Lincoln himself!
When is History Comes Alive?
We are still hard at work on the daily schedule. But, you can start planning your trip now. Take a look at our online calendar to see our summer events, fairs and festivals! Tuesday - Saturday weekly, June 7 - August 13, 2016
What is History Comes Alive?
Many sites and attractions in historic Springfield will be brimming with free live performances and fun activities that will transport you and your family back in time – to the Springfield Abraham Lincoln knew and loved. From storytelling and interaction with costumed interpreters to visits with Mr. Lincoln, himself, this is a trip to the past you won't want to miss! History Comes Alive will run through August.
- Hear Civil War period music from the Lincoln Troubadours
- Witness a moving flag lowering ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb
- Hear "Music Lincoln Loved" weekly at the Thomas Rees Memorial Carillon
- Interact with 19th century characters at sites like the Lincoln Home, Old State Capitol and Lincoln Depot
- Meet Mr. Lincoln and Mary Todd Lincoln!
- See demonstrations about life in 19th century Springfield
- And much more!
Scenes from History Comes Alive
Lincoln, Mary Todd and a 19th century lady at the Carillon
General Grant and General Lee talk about the Civil War at the Old State Capitol
Abraham Lincoln gives his farewell address at the Lincoln Depot.